Velixo.VBA object available on Velixo NX?

Posted 1 day ago by Royce Pruitt

R
Royce Pruitt
Un Answered

0 Votes

Does anyone know if the Velixo VBA object is available on Velixo NX?   If so, does anyone know how to install it?

I am trying to pause my VBA code so that Velixo will calc before it proceeds and found a VBA command that will do this but it require the Velixo object to be installed.   

=== Please type above and preserve the below information ===
Name: Royce Pruitt
Excel version: PC 16.0.18025.20160
Connection: collierfoodsCRG

0 Votes

4 Comments

Sorted by
H

Harry Lewis posted about 8 hours ago Admin

Thanks, Royce.

So that we have a fuller picture, how does what you are attempting to do differ from the Distribution List feature?

Distribution List : Velixo Help Center 

Installing the Velixo NX Distribution Agent : Velixo Help Center 

0 Votes

R

Royce Pruitt posted about 11 hours ago

Gabriel,

I am using VBA to change report parameters, calculate the report and then print to pdf.  The VBA crashes or produce invalid results because Velixo has not finished calculating before the VBA executes.

Thanks for the help and hope this helps.

0 Votes

Gabriel Michaud

Gabriel Michaud posted 1 day ago Admin

Royce,

What Harry indicated above is accurate, however depending on what you're trying to achieve with your VBA command after recalculation there might be alternative ways to achieve the same result.

Can you share, at a high-level, what the VBA macro is supposed to do after the worksheet has recalculated?

1 Votes

H

Harry Lewis posted 1 day ago Admin

Microsoft provides the Office JavaScript API ("office.js") interface for new Excel add-ins.  This technology offers increased security and multi-platform support.  At this point in time, Microsoft does not support a method of accessing Excel Visual Basic for Applications (VBA) from within office.js.

Velixo is working on developing new solutions to provide functionality that - in the past (with the older style add-in Velixo Classic) - was accomplished through the use of VBA.  You'll want to work with Velixo Support to define your requirements, so that they can be considered when developing those new solutions.

1 Votes

Login or Sign up to post a comment