Patrick Young

1 Votes

Toolbar button that will allow you to turn on and off the Velixo formulas

1 Votes

6 Comments

Sorted by
Damien Zwillinger

Damien Zwillinger posted 22 days ago Admin

Thanks Patrick. Then I think this idea sits on the Velixo side and could be possible. Thanks! Will definitely consider.

0 Votes

P

Patrick Young posted 23 days ago

Thanks Damien.  My thought process was for the Velixo formulas to only not calculate/refresh as they are the majority of the formulas/functions when dealing with a larger workbook with multiple tabs.

Hopefully, Microsoft can figure something out.

0 Votes

Damien Zwillinger

Damien Zwillinger posted 23 days ago Admin

Good day Patrick

Thanks for your idea!

As Markens mentioned, this is a typical Excel behavior. Velixo leverages the standard Automatic recalculation option of Excel, and we would use our local cache whenever possible.

In scenarios where you need this sped up and it's okay not to get live reevaluations of formulas, you could try changing the Calculation option to Manual:  Formulas > Calculation Options > Manual 

Please let us know how you go with this.

0 Votes

Markens Juste

Markens Juste posted 24 days ago Admin

Hi Patrick, thank you for the reply.

The refresh while working on a file is something related to how Microsoft Excel behave in the back end. It is something we are aware of and it is not related to Velixo. Microsoft Excel will try to look for any changes in any cells with formulas to make sure the data is correct. It will happen randomly. It is a concern that Velixo have share with Microsoft developer.

0 Votes

P

Patrick Young posted 25 days ago

Sometimes workbooks with many (or too many) formulas will want to refresh while working in them and it takes a while to update.

I was only thinking about toggle button to turn on and off.

0 Votes

Markens Juste

Markens Juste posted 25 days ago Admin

Hi Patrick,

Thank you for sharing this suggestion feature with Velixo.

May I know the reason you would like us to implement this idea, please?

0 Votes

Login or Sign up to post a comment