Sorting Issue GLENTRY table

Posted 16 days ago by Nathan Gayeski

N
Nathan Gayeski
Answered

0 Votes

Hello and thank you in advance. I am currently having a sorting issue when doing a query on the GLENTRY table. ITEMNAME is not lining up in the table associated with the LINE_NO that it was posted on. I had added the RECORDNO in the SI.QUERYFILTER but that did not work either.

Please see attached Screenshot. You can see my QUERY formula in the header. Also, the ITEMNAME in the screenshot should be aligning with the highlighted fields in columns AM and AM.

0 Votes

Gabriel Michaud

Gabriel Michaud posted 16 days ago Admin Best Answer

Hi Nathan,

The first thing that jumps at me is that every column does its own SI.QUERY - is there any reason why it was done like this? I would expect it to be very slow.

The "Select" argument of =SI.QUERY accepts a comma-delimited list of fields. I would suggest putting the following in a cell, and then referencing the cell that contains the list of field:

RECORDNO,BATCHNO,LINE_NO,TR_TYPE,ENTRY_DATE,AMOUNT,TRX_AMOUNT,BATCH_NUMBER,BATCH_DATE,BATCHTITLE,ACCOUNTKEY,ACCOUNTNO,ACCOUNTTITLE,STATISTICAL,DEPARTMENTKEY,DEPARTMENT,DEPARTMENTTITLE,LOCATION,LOCATIONNAME,DESCRIPTION,CLEARED,ADJ,ALLOCATION,WHENCREATED,WHENMODIFIED,CREATEDBY,MODIFIEDBY,STATE,BILLABLE,PR_DATE,AGNST_COMMIT,CAPITAL_ACTIVITY_SORT,CAPITAL_ACTIVITY_TAG,CUSTOMERDIMKEY,CUSTOMERID,CUSTOMERNAME,ITEMDIMKEY,ITEMID,ITEMNAME

Note that this article also contains a sample GL Detail report, in case you're interested: https://helpintacct.velixo.com/support/solutions/articles/153000171653-si-gl-rt12-gl-transaction-details

P.S. I will delete the attachment above for security.

0 Votes

8 Comments

Sorted by
N

Nathan Gayeski posted 16 days ago

I am trying to do a lot with Velixo so I think were going to become very good friends over the next couple months!

0 Votes

N

I am trying to do a lot with Velixo so I think were going to become very good friends over the next couple months!

0 Votes

N

Amazing! That did it! 

0 Votes

Gabriel Michaud

Gabriel Michaud posted 16 days ago Admin

Excellent, i'm glad that was helpful.

Note that you can also have =SI.QUERY() output to a traditional Excel data table if you'd like; the sample report I linked in my previous reply uses this technique.

Velixo is very flexible and powerful, do not hesitate to reach back out if you need additional assistance, if something is unclear, or if you have a product suggestion.

Happy Reporting!

1 Votes

N

Thank you! I am first time user and just received training last week. This is all new so your suggestion is very welcome! I will give this a shot and follow up. 

0 Votes

Gabriel Michaud

Gabriel Michaud posted 16 days ago Admin Answer

Hi Nathan,

The first thing that jumps at me is that every column does its own SI.QUERY - is there any reason why it was done like this? I would expect it to be very slow.

The "Select" argument of =SI.QUERY accepts a comma-delimited list of fields. I would suggest putting the following in a cell, and then referencing the cell that contains the list of field:

RECORDNO,BATCHNO,LINE_NO,TR_TYPE,ENTRY_DATE,AMOUNT,TRX_AMOUNT,BATCH_NUMBER,BATCH_DATE,BATCHTITLE,ACCOUNTKEY,ACCOUNTNO,ACCOUNTTITLE,STATISTICAL,DEPARTMENTKEY,DEPARTMENT,DEPARTMENTTITLE,LOCATION,LOCATIONNAME,DESCRIPTION,CLEARED,ADJ,ALLOCATION,WHENCREATED,WHENMODIFIED,CREATEDBY,MODIFIEDBY,STATE,BILLABLE,PR_DATE,AGNST_COMMIT,CAPITAL_ACTIVITY_SORT,CAPITAL_ACTIVITY_TAG,CUSTOMERDIMKEY,CUSTOMERID,CUSTOMERNAME,ITEMDIMKEY,ITEMID,ITEMNAME

Note that this article also contains a sample GL Detail report, in case you're interested: https://helpintacct.velixo.com/support/solutions/articles/153000171653-si-gl-rt12-gl-transaction-details

P.S. I will delete the attachment above for security.

0 Votes

N

See attached. Thanks!

[File removed]

0 Votes

Gabriel Michaud

Gabriel Michaud posted 16 days ago Admin

Hi Nathan,

Are you able to share the file here for review? I'd like to see the different fields and queries that are been included on this sheet.

Regards,

Gabriel

0 Votes

Login or Sign up to post a comment